Tuesday, February 02, 2010

[Eng Subbed] Hyung Joon Becomes Pro-gamer Ep1

Huge thanks to Anonymous for the tip on the sidebar regarding the subbed video posted by nevake on YT. The subbed video is actually courtesy of Official TeamLiquid Starcraft Database.

Here's full episode. Enjoy!



Oppsie, if you haven't watched the video yet you may skip this portion. Though reading this may also help you get interested in the 45 minutes show of Maknae becoming a pro-gamer. ^^

I just finished watching it and it's SO INTERESTING that I can't wait for the next episode!

During the first few minutes of the show, I like how confident Maknae is. He's so cute during the interview and really trying to impress the interviewer. He's such a show off and even mentioning of wanting to meet a famous lady pro-gamer.

When he was put on to his first test I looks so damn cute getting nervous. After losing the game you can see how much he was so embarrassed and even got angry at himself for not playing well.

The test was actually meant to be an evaluation for Maknae whether he's capable to be a pro-gamer. Geez, those pro-gamers were tough on him. You should hear what they're saying about him.

Then when it was time for him to meet the coach I laugh out loud when he explained why he has to dress like that [see the vid]. Also I bawled when was practicing on how to introduce himself to the coach. 'Hello, I'm Kim Hyung Joon of SS501.' Really funny!

At the time of the the intro to the couace Maknae was kinda tactless when he said that the coach is like a 'beast'. Ya! Maknae... so cute and really funny. Geez, does Maknae thinks that he's on stage? Ha! Anyway, I was kinda worried a little there because he might just get in trouble... hehehehehe. Good thing that the coach is sorta of nice. ^_^ Though he does not believe in the capability of Maknae to be a pro-gamer and rejected him.

I feel sorry for Maknae then. But I'm amazed with his determination and how he lured Shark into helping him. How? Introducing him to Rainbow one of Shark's fave idol group. Hee, and I laughed out loud that he'll even introduce Shark to his skin care clinic for free. ^_^ Maknae!

Shark seems so nice. I like him. I like it a lot when Maknae was bribing him. Both of them are so cute. ^^ And I'm glad that he decided to help Maknae.

Then comes the begging once again showing how determined Maknae to learn and wanting to become a pro-gamer. I see that even as popular as he is on TV, his popularity means nothing to the pro-gamers. To them his status as a showbiz personality is nothing. With that what I like about Maknae is that he never loses face nor gets bothered by what they say about his profession [like when the coach told him that he's handsome and that he should just stick to singing]. And yeah again, I've to say it one more time, I'm amaze with his persistence and determination.

Towards the end, Maknae's obstacle to be accepted was not yet over despite having impressed the head coach and the other coach. Seems like the pro-gamers don't want Maknae to be accepted that easily. There's animosity against Maknae.

Ya! I can't wait to see the next episode. Now I know why this show ranked #1. It's like a reality show. And aside from that Korea is known to be fanatics of StarCraft and other online games.

With regards to being sort of a reality show, I just wonder how much percentage of this show is scripted? Or is there at all?

P.S. Just to let others know how big StarCraft in South Korea is. Here's something that I got from Wikipedia, StarCraft professional competition. You may also be interested in reading this, Why StarCraft is so popular in South Korea.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

baby fighting! aja!

Anonymous said...

Interesting. It's worth watching with subs. Baby is so cute and funny. Thanks Liezle. I read first your summary before deciding to watch. It is well worth it.

Anonymous said...

just finished watching! LMAO at the end! looks like baby will be able to charm his way into the coach's heart! who could resist his charming ways? not even the scary beastly coach! haha

A.L.I.C.I.A said...

hahahah i love the way he bribed shark..
in the future, i'll make him bribe me into doing something, hahaha.. i want to spend a week with SS501.. muhahahahaha. evil plans alert!

debz said...

i didnt know how much i missed hjb or the rest of the boys until i watched this..geeze maknae is just adorkable!!! he went from confident->panic->sad->desperate->determined->desperate again when he begged at the last part..the programmers are really harsh!! there were times when i wanted to be there to stand up for him! poor maknae..but i know he will eventually succeed and be a pro gamer!! maknae fighting!!!