Saturday, May 01, 2010

SS501 New Album Jacket is Sponsored Clothes by Dominic's Way

I was just actually about to blog about this and was already putting my materials to use when I saw Marvie's post. Thank Marvie.

As some of you already know by reading from other sites and blogs, the sponsor of SS501 clothes for their new album jacket is Dominic's Way by Song Hwae Myeong.


The name sounds familiar? For those following OnStyle Magazine 'What Women Want', you first heard/seen designer Song in episode 3 when Jung Min was at Doota! checking on some items.

Then on March 26 upon the invitation of designer Wong, she invited Jung Min to be one of her VIP guests in Seoul Fashion Week showcasing Dominc's Way leather/gangster collection. And this was shown in episode 7 of OnStlye Magazine 'What Women Want'.

When I first saw the photos of SS501's 501Day photos, I was actually thinking and telling myself 'Where the hell have I seen this? I think I've seen this somewhere but I just can't tell where.' Until I've seen photos from Dominic's Way sites posted on several webbies and re-watch SFW featuring Dominic's Way.

Dominic's Way 2010 F/W Collection is using black color, leather jacket, pants and boots to display the man's charm and masculinity. It has become a topic of talk. According to designer, Song while thinking about the concept, she thought of the gangster look. Check the vid below to see the fashion show again. It starts on mark 6:37.


thanks to mangosorbet for the YT upload
and crazynoona for the trans.

As the 501Day album jacket came out at exactly 12MN on 5.01 it has immediately become the topic of talk and move up fast in real time search. Fans started giving out their comments. Here are just some of the words to describe the concept of SS501 : mysterious, intriguing, creepy, dark, sexy, toxic love, futuristic, unique, domination. Some even said that they are reminded of Darth Vader and Fifth Element. And for some with a more imaginative way of interpreting the photos they think that the photos exudes sexy appeal and kinky [Yen, i read your tweets and I agree with you! ^_^].

From reading most of the comments, fans were awed at the new image of SS501. With Dominic's Way gangster look, the mysterious mask plus the sexy paraphernalia such as, whip on Hyun Joong, handcuff on Young Saeng, arms with lace on Kyu Jong's chest , red rose with broken stem on Maknae's hand and Jung Min's deadly hat [alright help me with Jung Min's effect, i really can't figure it out^_^ except that his stare is deadly] i think there's really so much to look forward to the SEXY CONCEPT that SS501 is talking about.


Below are some images from Dominic's Way webby.




Screencap of the mask used in SFW.

Credit : Baidu


And here are some wallies/collage that I made [will be adding more later]

I made this a little lighter for us to see their faces better ^^


7 comments:

kikilala said...

I really really like this concept. Everyone looks hot! Hehe!!

^_^

Nazmi501 said...

woot!! they're looking hot hot n HOT! argh~ Thanks 4 uploading da pics~ =D

Anonymous said...

However, I do not like this though I like them because it covers up their handsome face.

Anonymous said...

Hmm.. I find the masks too creepy!! Hope 2nd album comes out soon! ;))

Anonymous said...

When I first saw these pics, I immediately thought "Futuristic"...it is like seeing Japanese amine characters coming to life...it is very common to see this kind of concept in Japanese anime. Gotta give SS501 credit that they definitely hit a homerun this time around!!! It's very cool, mysterious, manly and sexy like in the Matrix

kttbeat said...

i like that there finding a new style but i really think although ss501 fit the sexy concept i miss them in their cute and pure concept cant wait for the album release^^

Anonymous said...

i think the style is quite like the rebirth one -- smoky eyes.
anyway, love them =)