Saturday, July 31, 2010

[Transcript] Part 3 & 4 : Hyun Joong's Interview with DATV entitled 'Just the way you are'

lafone finished all the translations! Thank you so much for your hard work again lafone. You really did make life easy for us non-Korean and Japanese speaking fans. ^_^

Before you guys start to read part 3 and 4 lafone made this small correction with regard to the previous part. One correction on Japanese comic, “One Piece”, The comic has nothing to do with “dress” in Japanese, but the story tells about a boy, Ruffy who wishes to become a king of pilates. For image of the comic, please click here http://www.j-onepiece.com/

Oh, if you still haven't read the first 2 parts, you may click HERE for part 1 and HERE for part 2.

[Transcript] Part 3 & 4 : Hyun Joong's Interview with DATV entitled 'Just the way you are'
Japanese to English translation by lafone / liezle.blogspot.com

Part3

HJ: There will be always gaps between the characters I act and myself in reality. When I appear in a film or drama, the character does not necessary be similar to myself; I act the character just as he is. To be extreme, I would challenge for even a killer.

MC: Now in a new environment, which area do you like to be challenged ?
HJ: Well, I would like to do something different from others. Though there are people who call me “Hanryu star “, but I do not think so myself. By making a best balance between artist as well as actor, I would like to become a top star everyone can recognize. Now it is difficult for me to realize it . However, I would like to become a star, actively working in the entire Asia as soon as possible, and somehow I would like to help people.

NR: I am much impressed by Mr. Kim Hyun Joong who seriously thinks of his future. I cannot believe that he is still twenty-four years old !

Then Ms Miyamoto (interviewer & narrator) brings the same game console as we saw in “We got married” which Hwanbo noona used for coupling of SS501 (Kyujung and Hyung Joon with two members of Wonder Girls.)

MC: Do you know what it is ?
HJ: Yes, I played it before.
MC: Then, you know about the rules, right ?
HJ: Yes, OK
MC: I am going to tell you why I brought this game console here. I would like to have your autograph on these cute footballs (taking out pink and yellow footballs) for fans.
If you loose, may I have your autograph on these balls?
HJ: Fine !
MC: You have just promised, right ?
HJ: Yes, I have promised ( in Japanese)
Then HJ and MC tried to decide the right of the first draw by Janken.

* Janken starts from “fist” called “Goo in Japanese”

Eventually, HJ won the game.

MC: Sorry, I lost the game, I still would like to have your autograph on them,
plea~~~~se !
HJ pretended that he does not understand what she was talking about.
But he received the balls for autograph with a smile.

MC: He won the game, but how kind he is ! He gives his autograph !
HJ: No, I am not kind enough (he spoke again in Japanese in a laugh )
It is a job for the broadcasting (again in Japanese, a moment of glimpse of our
4D leader ^^)

NR: He may have felt my enthusiastic appeal ? No, it is not true, he has already thought about the gift for audience. Therefore, he autographed so carefully on the balls.

HJ: Now these are gifts for you (in Japanese)

The shooting place shifts to the boardroom of Keyeast where HJ is having a meeting with Keyeast staff.

NR: Kim Hyun Joong, born on June 6, 1986 in Seoul (in the special municipal area), Height 182 cm. Blessed with his figure and an outstanding sense of rhythm, he has been demonstrating a great leadership in putting together the five members with much talents and originarity. In a Korean version drama, “BOF”, he completely acted as Yoon JiHoo, which fascinated not only Korean and Japanese fans, but also those throughout Asia. I met him for the first time today. He was very polite: to my questions, he paid full attention and consideration, answering in a very careful manner.. His pupils were so fantastic that I felt as if I would be absorbed in them.

Part4

NR: We heard from KH’s two close friends some stories worth listening to:
KHJ’s physical trainer and a dancer (back dancer?)

1st storty from his physical trainer.
TR: I frequently make an exercise with him. One day, we started our exercise with full enthusiasm at the gym where we have a pool, many exercise machines. After a hard exercise of barbell, and running, we challenged for swimming to make 15 returns. Though we started with full energy, just after making one return in a swimming pool, we made an eye-contact, then just gave up.

2nd story from his another friend (dancer)
Dancer: Between TV and private life, HJ does not have two faces, hiding nothing. Till recently, HJ and I lived together. As I am rather timid (frighten by what ???) , HJ slept in the same room. There is a rumour that HJ does not wear anything when he sleeps. It is true! I recognized that it was not a rumour but it is a true story. “ Ye~, it’s true ! “ he repeatedly said in Japanese “ honto (=true)”

NR: The next interview took place in a fashionable restaurant in Seoul. Hyun Joong ssi was so cool ! I am going to listen to more private stories, which you will know for the first time.

Q: How do you spend your time when you are not at work?

HJ: Without exercise, I feel burning with the desire for it. Therefore, I play football every Sunday. From Monday through Saturday, I make it sure to go to gym everyday. In Korea, “Gym” is called “health” .

Q: Were there anything you felt embarrassment when you came to Japan?

HJ: There are different connotations among Japanese and Korean languages. For example, I made a mistake in pronunciation; instead of saying “Doryoku shimasu (make an effort), I said “ Noryoku shimasu” . It’s a mistake of pronunciation, right ? ( he confirmed with the translator next to him) I meant that I would like to make an effort, but due to the mistake in pronunciation, I actually mentioned that I will demonstrate my cabality ( though “Noryuku shimasu” is strange in Japanese) . At that time, it was difficult for me to recognize delicate differences in pronunciation, neither different connotations in Japanese. Therefore, I could not have a smooth communication with people. There is another story about that.

During the first visit to Japan, I asked a stylist to give my a necklace. I used a Korean word, “moccoli” to name necklace. Then I saw a subtle expression in her face.

* If you pronounce a necklace in Korean language in Japan, it implies “erection” in Japanese slang, that’s why the lady was so embarrassed when he only used Korean to name “necklace” .

HJ: So, if you compare vocabularies among Japanese and Korean languages, it is quite interesting (sometimes embarrassing !) I was much surprised later.

MC: If I hear that word “moccoli” from Hyun Joong ssi, I also got embarrassed.
HJ: Ah~~~ I have another story about different expressions between the two countries. When I said “ I went to the health (meaning “ gym” ) “, the guy asked me “ from the morning?” with a surprise. Well, I answered, “ Isn’t that the place you should go in the morning ?”

In Korea, we use “health” to mean “ gym”, but in Japan, this “health” has a different connotation (i.e., the place men receives sexual services in Japan). Anyway, by these embarrassing experiences, I learned differences in culture, languages, and so on.

NR: Now we understand that he had many difficulties while he was in Japan. Before closing this interview, I would like to ask him convey his message to the audience in front of TV.

HJ: For those who are looking “ Kim Hyun Joong, just the way you are” , did you enjoy this program though it is very short time ? Next time, see you in Japan. I will prepare a story which I hope you will enjoy, and a fantastic performance as well. You can have a high expectation ! Thank you !

Then he greeted to MC, staff, and so on “ Cheers for good work”
(* Otsukaresama deshita in Japanese )
NR: Kim Hyun Joong ssi, greeting to staff, putting the chair back to the original position under the table, all of which seems to be so natural for him. So nice to see him !!!

Next time, we are going to attend the shooting spot of 2011 Calendar. More and more to come ! See you again !

***

Before I end this post, let me share with you these three wonderful artworks that lafone made to be shared to all of you. I love them! Thanks again lafone!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, lafone & liezle! it was a very nice interview!

Anonymous said...

For a long time ,I keep seeing in KHJ profile that one of his hobbies is Health .So, I keep asking myself how can one make a hobby out of his health ? Now ,I finally understand that health in Korea means gym ,so KHJ hobby is to go to the gym LOL.

Anonymous said...

EVEN KHJ is that way as KHJ... There is always something new from him that you can NEVER get tired of him...OMG!!

Anonymous said...

GREAT INTERVIEW. He's just so interesting, really want to see what is brain is made up of... honeybars and marshmellows maybe!

But why ain't "SS501" mentioned at all throughout the interview?!

Anonymous said...

i want know this news is correecy or no??
Kim HyunJoong and Park JungMin solo activities
Heo YoungSaeng, Kim KyuJong, Kim HyungJun, groping 3-member group

With the expiration of contract with their previous company, there has been some curiosity on popular group SS501’s future direction when leader Kim HyunJoong signed to another contract by himself.

Firstly, in early June, Kim HyunJoong signed with Bae YongJoon’s management company Key East, and it was known that Park JungMin also signed with a new company on his own. There is a chance that Heo YoungSaeng, Kim KyuJong and Kim HyungJun wh0 had their activities as a unit nicknamed as ‘SS301’ in 2008, will group together to continue their activities as singers.

According to associates of SS501, Park JungMin who has been very interested in acting, is searching for a new entertainment management company who will manage over him. However, in order to have group activities instead of going solo, Heo YoungSaeng, Kim KyuJong and Kim HyungJun are looking for new management company.

Being called SS301, Heo YoungSaeng, Kim KyuJong and Kim HyungJun, is currently a target for top music management companies in the FA (Free Agent) industry to scout them in. Even though they have received proposals for contracts worth a large amount of money from some management companies, but instead they are looking for a reliable management company whom they can trust. One close friend of the member said “Even though money (for contract) is no doubt an important factor, the members are trying to select one with a high capacity and whom they are able to trust completely.”

If SS501’s members sign with different new management companies on their own, it would be difficult for them to have activities as SS501 for the time being. However, since there is no disharmony between the members and that all of them want SS501 to continue on, it would seem that the group will not be disband. Especially that SS501 is currently very popular in Taiwan, therefore there is possibility that they will come back together soon to do promotional activities in overseas.

Meanwhile, SS501’s future direction as ‘1+1+3’ is a similar model as idol group H.O.T’s path when they disbanded, has gathered attention. H.O.T disband in 2001, Moon HeeJun and Kangta became solo singers while Jang WooHyuk, Tony An and Lee JaeWon continued by forming a group called jtL


thanks

Anonymous said...

Anon 4:56 I was wondering about SS501 too. I hope we hear something soon.

Anonymous said...

why i cant see your picture?

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for translation and sharing, Lafone & Leizle.
He's so interesting and sweet. I wish i can talk to him one day 'dream mode'.
This is his personal interview, and SS501 members are still in the mist of choosing company. I think the interviewer avoided to ask about them to prevent any unessessary misunderstanding since it involves other members. Though HJL did memtioned about his experience with the group when they first came to Japan.