Thursday, February 10, 2011

[Article] Kyu Jong Interview with Daily Sports

At last something about Kyu Jong and I am happy to be reading this quite lengthy interview. I wish that there’ll will be more in the future. I am so excited to know what his drama will be. I am pretty sure Kyu Jong will do well in this field.

Thanks to VITALSIGN for sharing this on AKP.

***

SS501’s Kim Kyu Jong on acting, his group, and their new album
courtey of by VITALSIGN / AllKPop

After parting ways with DSP Media last year, the members of SS501 have demonstrated what it was like to be ’separate but together’. Kim Hyun Joong has established himself as an actor, and Park Jung Min returned with his first solo album, “Not Alone“.

Kim Kyu Jong is also standing before the starting line of his new acting career after he joined B2
M Entertainment, the agency of fellow member Heo Young Saeng.

The aspiring actor recently took part in an interview with Daily Sports and revealed that he will be working against his ‘flower boy’ charms in an attempt to become a more skilled actor.



Q. “How’s it like working on your own now?”

Kyu Jong: “It makes me think a lot about being with my members. We used to joke and play around without rest, but now that I’m alone, the feeling’s difficult to express. It feels kind of empty.”

Q. “Are you studying acting now?”

Kyu Jong: “I get trained about two to three times a week for two hours at a time. When I was with SS501, I received some acting experiences through music videos and variety programs; now that I’m entering the world of professionals, I have to do it properly. There’s a lot of pressure, but my eyes have been opened to the charms of acting, and I’m full with excitement. There’s a drama I’m currently in discussions for, so the decision will be out soon.”

Q. “What kind of actor do you want to become?”

Kyu Jong: “I want to succeed with my skills, not with my ‘flower boy’ image. I am a part of a ‘flower boy’ group, but that doesn’t make me one. …I’m planning to prepare myself so that I can act in a way that delivers my emotions to the audience. I love actor Ha Jung Woo’s acting, so I study his works a lot. He’s especially amazing in the movie, ‘Amazing Day.’”



Q. “Do you meet with the SS501 members often?”

Kyu Jong: “All five of us haven’t been able to meet at one location yet because one or two is always out on another schedule. Young Saeng-hyung is in the same agency as me, so we meet often and give each other advice. He’s preparing for his solo album right now, and I accompanied him on his trip to the U.S. and met his album representatives; I also got to listen to his songs. I call Jung Min often and even monitor his stages. Sometimes I’ll even grab drinks with Hyun Joong-hyung.”

Q. “You must be worried about different things now that your solo activities are coming up.”

Kyu Jong: “Before, the members could carry me, but now I have no one to depend on and must take responsibility for myself. Of course I’m worried, but I’m sure I’ll improve myself through this opportunity. I’ve begun to see things that I didn’t notice when we were together. I’ll see the members doing their individual activities and wonder to myself where these different images they’re expressing were hiding. Every time I feel that they’ve grown. I feel really proud and become motivated to do better myself. I think we’ve become like a whip for one another.”

Q. “Aren’t there a lot of hardcore SS501 fans?”

Kyu Jong: “I once told my fans to restrict waiting outside our homes; in return, I would treat them better in concert or broadcast halls. Ever since then, there’s been a lot less sasaeng fans. My father often tells me to treat them well when they come to me, because who will be there 10 years from now. It’s true, don’t you think? I live feeling thankful that they like me.”

Q. “When will SS501’s album be released?”

Kyu Jong: “I’m thinking sometime near the year-end. Our agencies are all different, so it’s difficult to get things moving. Since all of our members are on the same page of remaining together, the results of that desire will come out soon.”

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this interview and I'm so glad that we'll be seeing Kyu Jong soon in a drama. I haven't seen the web series Seti that he was in but I heard good things about his acting so I'm sure he'll do great in his drama.

The time frame for SS501's comeback is what I expected. Them members look like they want to do about two to three projects before they comeback together which I think is a great idea. They'll show off their different sides that we couldn't see before and they'll be even stronger and better when they comeback. :)

Anonymous said...

lovely interview, thanks for sharing! wow i didnt know fans wait for him outside his home, how on earth do they know where he stays and what does it mean that he treats them better at concert halls? does that mean he treats them badly if they show up outside his home? :-O

Anonymous said...

@anonymous 2:36
I don't think he will treat them bad but maybe he will ignore them in the way that he don't give any autographs or look into their cameras and wave.
And I really can understand him. It's his home, his privacy area.
Every step he take is watching by his fans and I can understand it when he wants to be alone when he is at home.
I think it is so rude of the fans to follow them to their homes and watching every step they take. One day they will take them the air to breathe!

fangirling501 said...

maybe the fans want time alone with him so i can also understand why they do that. you won't get to chat with him at concert venues, there are just too many people and the security is too tight. if that is solely the reason for wanna get close to him then i understand why they do that.

kinda sad though, we all love this one person but that one person can't love us back the way we love him :'(

Anonymous said...

i think...no, wait correction! i know that all of the SS501 members can act.. and i was hoping that they all could maybe be casted in a same drama/movie one day.. they're acting are actually very good.. especially in their drama-like MV of their solo collection album... they really suit very charismatic characters and i believe lovable characters are gonna be as good too.. i really wanna see each of them in a drama~

Anonymous said...

I like reading about KYu's interviews- he is honest,down to earth, realistic ,humble and grateful for everything that has happened to him and his career .

He is a very real person whose feet are firmly on the ground . And a gentleman ,too.

Wish him all the best !

Unknown said...

Aaah... so Kyu Jong inherited high EQ frm is dad...^^

And yeah, he is a lovely guy and don't understand why there is this person who hate him and called him names on facebook...

This person seriously need to see a psychiatrist.

sinthia said...

Kyyyyyyyyyyyu, my sweet Kyu!! I love him so much, I'm really missing him, it's so kind the way he express himself about his members. ^^
can't wait anymore to see him showing his acting skills at some drama. I'm sure he will be great, actually I think between ss501 he is one of the bests in acting. Good Luck Kyu, I'll be looking forward to whatever you'll do.

Anonymous said...

@poshdrive I think we should just ignore that desperately-trying-to-get-attention person. Don't even waste our time on commenting about that individual. I believe one Korean fan requested that we don't talk/spread this about so as to make sure our sweet Kyu'll not hear about it. Anyway, go Kyu Jong-kyu!!! (as wuri KHJL called him once)