Tuesday, November 04, 2008

happy birthday, so ji sub!

yup, today, november 4 is so ji sub's birthday. ^^ but the birthday boy in not in korea to celebrate his birthday with his loved ones. he flew to Beijing yesterday to shoot a project in collaboration with some chinese film production. but it was reported that he will be back tomorrow, November 5, to received his Best Actor award for the movie 'Rough Cut' to be given by the Korean Film Critics' Society on it's 28th Korean Film Critics' Society Awards.

Happy birthday and congratulations Ji Sub!



***

before Ji Sub left yesterday, last Sunday he went to the birthday party that was organized by his fan club, Young Sosa. he only stayed for a few minutes to thank his fans despite the busy schedule that he had on that day for his drama project 'Cain and Abel' which is slated to broadcast in February 2009.

here are some of the photos from the party.

credit as labeled
thanks to charlesriver, Coconut milk & Woundedheart
for posting on so ji sub thread @ soompi





















and here's ji sub's message to his fan ^^ and some dialogue with them ^^
translated by saturn and posted on sjs thread @ soompi

Jisub: Hello Nice to see you. I'm So Ji Sub.
I'm sorry, I am late.
I wanted to come early, but I had work to do endlessly.
I let you have birthday party without host.
I was sorry, and I am sorry I'm late again today.
Fan : Gan Ji JJang!
Jisub: I don't know what to say. I really appreciate.
Did you have fun today?
Fan : yes.
Jisub : I show my shaved face since so long time ago....
Fan : Pretty.
Jisub: You know soon drama filming begins?
I came back from Cuba this morning.
I am sending Gang Pae, building Cho In in myself.
I feel so mixed in my head.
Ah I really wanted to come early, I am so sorry.
I say this every time, but each time I become liar.
I wanted to do this, but things go to that way.
Fan : We understand.
Jisub : By the way, what did you do today?
Fan : We watched movie. (We watched real roughcut film of the movie 'Rough Cut', without sound effect, without music, with director's commentary.)
Jisub : You watched movie, then?
Fan : we did nothing / some deleted scenes...
Jisub : You did nothing?
Fan : Yes / We have waited for you.
Jisub : Ah you have waited for me.
Fan : Yes.
Jisub : Then what shall I do?
Fan : Sing Sing
Jisub : I really want to sing a song. But frankly speaking I forgot the lyric.
Did you see the news article? About new song release...
News goes too fast. I have to do that song from now.

It seems good music is made.
The reason I do music is, not only I like hip hop,
but also I want to show you my new shape, beside my acting.
It is my gift for you, so ...
please enjoy it joyfully and happily.
Fan : Yes.
Jisub : And in the future, when I have enough songs of mine, then I will hold a concert.
Fan : Wah~~
Jisub : I can promise this firmly.
Not now. I have only one song yet... I have to collect enough songs.
Fan : Do a concert with two songs.
Jisub : Repeat two songs?
Well... What should I do next?
Fan : Do nothing.
Jisub : Will I just stand like this without doing nothing?
Fan : Yes.

(Pick a message from box)
Jisub Hyung,
Happy Birthday. Be healthy. And please visit my home.
Bong In elementary school 3rd year Yang Won Joon.

(The boy went on the stage)
Jisub : Your name?
Boy : Yang Won Joon.
Jisub : 3rd year?
Boy : Yes.
Jisub : Did you come here because you like me or you just followed someone else?
Boy : I like you.
Jisub : What of me do you like?
Boy : I like all.
Jisub : Thanks. Do you study well?
Boy : Yes.
Jisub : Study is not all in your life. Growing healthy is the best.
But for your mom, study hard.
Let me hug you once.

(See the birthday present from fan club)
How do I open?
Fan - Please say a greeting in Japanese for Japanese fans.
Jisub : Ah... Anyunghaseyo (Korean)
(opened the present) Thank you.

Youngsosa admin : This is the real film of the movie 'Rough Cut'
One role of film is divided for you and we all. We share one.
I hope it is a good present for you.
Jisub : I will hang it on the wall of my house.

Jisub : Ask anything you want to hear.
I am not sick. Rather, I gained too much weight. I'm going on a diet.
Fan : What kilogram are you now?
Jisub : That's a secrete for a man.
Fan : What's the name of your role in Cain & Abel?
Jisub : Yi Cho In.
Fan : What's the difference between Cho In and Gang Pae?
Jisub : Totally opposite. Cho In is very bright in the first.
The script is written only epsiode 1 and 2.
In the middle episodes, Cho In can be more manly or bright continuously.
We are still discussing. But I want to do a bright character this time.
Fan : You will not die again.
Jisub : Uh... I don't die, but I am not sure.
Maybe I don't die, but I cannot guarantee it.
Fan : Be a friend with the writer, so the writer not to kill you.
Jisub : If I be a friend with her, she must kill me.
We are having meeting continuously.
You know Cain&Abel was delayed more than one year.
We are still discussing again and again, building Cho In's character...
We are working on it.
Anything else?
Fan : Why are you that Gan Ji (=stylish, Japanese, Jisub's nickname)?
Jisub : That is... I can't say. Why am I this Gan Ji?
Fan : You are different. From others. Your scent.
Jisub : Different? I really wanted to ask. What is different?
Fan : Everything / You were born with it / Your nature.
Jisub : You speak good words only.
Fan : What did you do to celebrate million viewers? (didn't hear it)
Fan : What will you do on your birthday?
Jisub : Birthday? Maybe I'm in China.
Fan : Then don't you attend the awards? Movie Critics Awards / Congratulations on the Awards!
Jisub : Thanks.

Jisub : I am still doing it in secrete.
You are not going to say it outside?
I am visiting China now. It's for something new.
Soon the news will be released.
But I wanted to let you know before, when I meet you guys.
Like I did movie in Japan before, I am preparing one in China.
Fan : Is it a Joint-work?
Jisub : I am not sure of that.
I will work with whom you guys all know well.
Fan : We know.
Jisub : The announcement should be first, not from my mouth...
Fan : Jang Ztui?
Jisub : You will hear it soon.

Jisub : And I have one thing I want to say to you.
You know I am an actor.
I cannot take a good role every time.
As an actor, I want to challenge, I want to do a work process in a new country.
In the future, I may take a role that you don't like.
In that case, please be generous, since I am an actor.
Please give me courage.
Fan : When will you show up at 'Infinity Challenge'?
Jisub : Infinity Challenge... I think I should do once.
Joon Ha keeps saying it to me, to come to that show.
But if I am there, I shall not do anything just after saying "Hello I am So Ji Sub."
That's why I cannot do that.
Fan : Just do that.
Fan : Don't do that show.
Jisub : Do you want me to do show program?
Fan : Yes / No, don't do that.
Jisub : If I have chance, I want to do once.

Youngsosa Admin : Excuse me, but director is waiting for him.
He came out here during the meeting.
I am sorry but he must quit by now.
Please let him say last words.
Please understand him.
And let's cheer him up to make good drama.
Then shall we greet ?
Please make a heart all together.
Please do a good drama.
Fan : We will wait for Cho In.

Jisub : I will do my best.
But you must be akward at first.
And I really appreciate you all come to this event everytime, even though I was not here.
Ha I feel like I become a shepherd boy each time.
I will not say that again.
I just... appreciate so much.
I really appreciate today.
Fan : Don't cry / So Ji Sub So Ji Sub.
Jisub : I said the same words when I was doing theater visits.
You have waited for me for more than 4 years, I really appreciate it.
I will make you never regret that you liked So Ji Sub.
I will work hard to be a good actor.
Thank you.
Please go back safely.
Thank you and I love you.


**

btw, i blogged about ji sub's gift to his fans on his birthday. i.e., a song by 'G' Rapper. click here to hear that song entitled 'Foolish Heart' that was released today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love so ji sub !