Wednesday, September 23, 2009

meeting yong joon for the very first time

I love reading fan's account. The emotions that this particular fan shared while telling her story in writing is so vivid that you can feel you're actually there experiencing it yourself.

This account was translated and shared by lynnzhoulily on BYJ thread @ soompi. Much thanks lynn!


Note from lynnzhoulily : One Korean fan went to the museum yesterday to see BYJ who shared her experience on dcinside. Please bear with errors in my translation as it has been through 3 different languages.

(Trans) A fan's account - meeting with BYJ - 9/22/09

Korean to Chinese translation by 爱俊一梅 / Baidu BYJ Thread
Chinese to English translatin by lynnzhoulily / BYJ's Quilt & BYJ thread @ soompi

After school, I rushed to the bus station to take the KTX express line and then I changed to taxi to the museum. Some fan told me that YJ had already entered into the museum and he would be out soon. It was said that the commemorative meeting would begin at 4:00pm, but suddenly it changed to 2:00pm. My class didn’t finish at 2:00 and I could not just leave the class. Sigh…. Cannot see him…. I kept talking to other fans and I wandered among the fans like I was running crazy.

They told me that I should first find the parking space of YJ’s car and then after YJ coming out, I should just follow him so that I could see him for a lon

ger time. There are some reporters around and each of them was carrying a small paper bag. I asked one of them about the contents in the bag. He told me that the bag was prepared by BOF, there are YJ’s new book, a booklet and a small bottle of wine inside it. He even showed it to me. Wow! It’s awesome! Just looking at those pictures almost let me faint and I can hardly breathe anymore.

Suddenly, with someone’s yelling “ah!”, here came BYJ. His face was so shiny and very small. He is very tall and he has his own charisma. When he approached to me, actually it was first time for me to see him. Oh my! he was so slim, actually very thin. Seeing this, I feel my heart is in ache. Don’t know whether he wanted to show his consideration to us fans or he was still in recovering from his illness, YJ walked very slowly. He looked very handsome in his short hair, my heart was beating very fast as well as feeling painful. How come a person can suffer that much by writing a book? If so, I would rather he never write a book.

I followed him until half meter to his car. I put his image, his face, his impression –all of him in my eyes and in my mind. He let the seniors, those artisans get into the car first and then he himself walked around the car to get into from the door on the other side. He walked by me. Even though he looked pale and his eyes are congestive, he still looked charming and so handsome. Someone pushed me from the back which gave me a good chance to lean over him. I secretly touched his back. How I eager to hold him from the back, to throw myself to him, but I managed to control myself. By looking at him, my heart was full of happiness, however by looking at him who is still suffering from his illness, my heart feels painful. I feel sorry for YJ.

It’s just like a dream. All of these are like in a dream. I felt faintness. I feel excited as well as heartburn for my first time to see BYJ. My tears shed.

When I came out, I saw those reporters again. We told them that BYJ has done a lot of good things and he has a lot of fans in Korea, so please report with reality, with true stories.

Some fans ran into “the Gorilla in the Kitchen” [BYJ's restaurant] afterwards. As I didn’t tell my hubby my real whereabouts, I went back home with tears. Those fans that ran into the restaurant saw BYJ again.

Now when I think about this meeting, everything is just like a dream.

***

Before I end this post, let me share this set of photos shared by JoyceLee on BYJ thread @ soompi. These photos were from book 'Beauty of Korea' which Joyce lifted from Baidu.



I love this shot!

P.S. Here's bit of GOOD news about BYJ's book courtesy of Mariko. According to her...

It's in the news that the 4th printing of the Book were all sold out.
It is reported that KeyEast can not cope with the demand.
They're rushing the 5th printing.
That's only for the Korean version.

Mariko also added...

The spokesman from the publisher said that they'll still have to add up all
the reservations before they can come up with the total volumes.
The news didn't say how many volumes were printed.
Since they are just talking about the Korean Version,
She's guessing that the Japanese Version is still open for reservation,
although, they are just limited to order 1 book per reservation,
aside from the fact that they still have to wait till Oct 15.

lastly Mariko said...

She checked BOFi online, and found out that the Korean Version
is also open for reservation in Japan..that explains why.
The Japanese Family can also order the Korean Version online,
although limited to one copy per reservation just like the Japanese Version.

***

Geez, amazing! The power of Bae Yong Joon. ^^ Everything that he holds turn into gold.

Congratulations, Yong Joon!.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

liezle, is bae yong joon married??

lily said...

Hi liezle!


Ohhh... so touching experienced, while reading this.... can't help my tears... sob!!!

Yong Joon is really beautiful inside/out... really.. really loveeee d man!!!

Hope one day, i cud be near him too & hug & kiss him...^_^ ha ha ha.. oohh i'm dreamin'!!!

And liezle... just as we all wished ... YJ cut his hair... not once but twice... ^*^

Hoping for his speedy recovery & may he finds time to relax & regain his strength after all these big events! He looked so pale & thin..sigh...

Thanks for all your updates...
I thought for a while that Yong Joon wasn't u'r main dish anymore
ha ha ha... ooppss... sorry,
joke! ^;^


More power!!!