Sunday, March 28, 2010

On Music High

I'm not sure how many have read my post on the comment box at the sidebar the other day since I'm pretty sure everyone must have been busy looking at the photos of all the members who appeared at the Seoul Fashion Week since Friday. Anyway, I've posted something about Music High and asking if there's something happening about Music High. I finally got my answer. Thanks to Lois!

Well, as you know, Music High will be having its 1st year of going on air on April 13. Yeah! And I'm happy for Maknae.

Over this week, there have been long posts that I've been seeing on SS601.com and on SBS Music High section. I got curious and tried using translator to decipher that content but couldn't understand the gibberish translation of the machine is giving me. Tried deciphering too the replies from fans and I got the same gibberish translation. Got more curious when I saw in some post TT or T_T . And in Korea it means face with tears or sad. Got a bit nervous there thinking... is MuHigh getting the axe? So I started to ask and this is what I got from Lois.

According to Lois, the posts that I saw were from the PD and writer of MuHigh. They left long messages thanking the fans. According to Lois, during spring and autumn in Korea there are a lot of programs [radio or tv] that are re-formatting. This depends whether the program is getting high or low rating. For programs getting high rating, they definitely have to go on. With regards to program having low rating, they get the axe or staffs such as producers or writers are replaced.

So what about Music High? What are all the posts from the PD and writer are all about. Why did Maknae left a message last night with a different tone?

As for the answer, as we all know Music High is being shown everyday at 2AM. Despite the dead hour the show is getting good rating. And with this, the show of Maknae will continue BUT the PD and writer will have to be replaced.

The posts on Music High board from the PD and writer is their way of thanking listeners for patronizing their show, sending SMS messages and leaving messages on MuHigh board while the show is airing.

According to Lois, the new PD of MuHigh will be on board next Tuesday and that the new PD got good impression on Maknae on their first meeting.

So there you go. For those who are curious like me, we've gotten the answer. Thanks again to Lois and looking forward to more listening to Maknae on Music High on it's 2nd year.

2 comments:

iluvdumplings said...

I wish we non-Koreans get to read more behind-the-scenes stories. People like PDs, writers, photgraphers, stylists and managers help bring our SS501 guys into the limelight and deserve much appreciation. Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Omo.. so this maybe was the reason why Maknae's voice faltered a bit while introducing a song in MH this morning... and he even mentioned "PD Noona" after that...I was worried why he would have "cried"...so maybe this was the reason...

-ron