Monday, November 15, 2010

[Article & Vid] Hyung Jun talks being a neophyte musical actor

The photos we have seen HERE of Hyung Jun 'rehearsing' some scenes in 'Cafe-In' were actually from the press conference that was held today.

Here's one of the many articles from different portals translated by VITALWARNING on AllKPop. Much thanks! neophyte

Btw, don't forget to check the video I added below. It's a scene from Cafe-In from the presscon!

***

SS501’s Kim Hyung Joon chats about his debut as a musical actor
courtesy of VITALWARNING / ALLKPop



Do not panic! Breathe! This is a shot of SS501′s Kim Hyung Joon kissing his co-star for his debut musical role in “Caffeine“.

On November 15th, Kim Hyung Joon attended the press conference for “Caffeine” (held by DH Entertainment), where he expressed his thoughts on his upcoming debut as a musical actor. “I get nervous thinking about having to sing and act at the same time. However, I always tend to have fun when I’m on stage. It’s a new experience.”

When asked about his fellow members’ reactions to his casting, the singer replied, “They were all shocked. I could’ve showed a good image through my music, but when I told them about this good opportunity to act in a musical, Jung Min asked if I had any thoughts of learning from him. I ‘politely’ declined his offer and said I didn’t need his help. They all gave me their support. They’re genuinely happy for me. That’s why I’m happy.”

During the conference, the reporter asked to point out something that makes him stand out from the rest of the popular idols. Kim Hyung Joon laughed and joked, “There’s so much…”, but went on to add, “I’m bright and think positively for everything. I think that’s a strong point. It’s my first time doing a musical, but still I accepted it in a positive light, so I think it suits me well. I’m someone with a strong mindset and great endurance.”

Kim Hyung Joon also added that he’s cheerful even when the director tells him off. “I have fun even when I get told off by him. From an actor’s point of view, they’re happy even when they’re yelled at.”

The singer revealed that he has been practicing 7-8 hours a day in order to shake off his idol image on stage, and successfully deliver a performance of a great musical actor.

‘Caffeine’ will begin performances from November 24th until January 23rd of 2011.

***

Video lifted from Prettyboy which came from SHOW,fimm+TV+뉴스와생활+SSTV

2 comments:

tetsu girl said...

ooooh that was great! HJB was so into his character, and his singing and acting were both really, really good. (you can tell from the way he just dropped his persona at the end and became himself, all high-pitched and nervous hehe ;)
i love the way he switched between the smooth and dorky characters, and his voice harmonized beautifully with the lead actress. and the kiss! they're so cute! ^____^

thanks for sharing the vid! "Cafe In" daebak!

Anonymous said...

nice !
will there be subs up later?
his voice is really smooth and strong and soothing.... can very well blend without missing a note^^
he still is undeniable cute

at first, he seemed, well, conscious and nervous (which is normal) but once he started performing, he got the groove

the kiss part, well, i really thought Magnae would kiss his partners forehead (which would be more romantic but no impact) but no, the lady initiated the kiss... wait, please check the vid again just to make sure... really

thanks for sharing this news... i still love it when any member would always affix their name with an intro of: SS501 member (name of member) just like what the article above stated.... really hope that ALL memers would do the same