Monday, September 06, 2010

[Trans] Oh HaNi's Letter to Baek Seung Jo

Oh yes, out tireless Ode just translated the corrected letter of Oh HaNi to Baek Seung Jo on her blog. Heaps of thanks Ode.

Oh HaNi has the nerve to write this to Baek Seung Jo. ^_^ Her love letter is like a a fan letter.

Corrected Letter of Oh HaNi to Baek Seung Jo
Korean to English translation by Ode / ss501ode.blogspot.com


Seung-jo.

After writing your name, I stare at it for a long time
To be honest, I don't call you as Seung-jo
I call you as "The Genie from the Forest"
If you don't ask me why, wouldn't it be so nice..
When you were in your high school 1st year, that summer, you made a speech which I still remember
Since that day, I had been in pain for a few days.
It was a very tough period of time for me
Yeah that's right, I know, it was like a dream
But that day seemed so real at times, and now it's like a dream
Even my friends sometimes doubt about this delusion contained in my heart.
How in the world did my heart which only saw that split second in a dream last for 3 years.
However, I know
This is very clear
The moment I saw you, the fact that I was so very excited.
My heart.................
My day is entirely about you....
..........How about me
............Was there even once I keep flashing past your thoughts......
......For at least once, because of me......
......Please, for my heart...............

***

Re-typed in hangul by Ode as well...

승조

이름을 써놓고 한참을 보았어요
사실 난, 당신을 승조라고 부르지 않아요
난 당신을, 숲의 정령이라고 불러요
왜냐고 묻지 않는다면 얼마나 좋을까요..
그건 당신도 고1 여름, 그날을 기억한다는 얘기잖아요
그날 이후, 나는 며칠이나 아팠어요.
아주 홍역을 치렀죠
그래요, 알아요 그건 꿈이었죠
근데 가끔은 그날이 진짜고, 지금은 꿈인것 같아요
친구들은 혹시 내가 내마음에 속고 있는 건 아니냐고 해요.
어떻게 꿈에서 잠깐 본 마음이 3년을 갈수 있냐구요.
하지만 난 알아요
이건 아주 분명해요
당신을 볼 때마다, 너무나 설레이는 걸요.
심장이............
내 하루는 온통 당신거에요....
...............내가 어떤가요
.............눈에 밟힌 적 있었나요
.....한번쯤은 나 때문에......
......제발, 내 마음을...............

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come to think about it, this scene is hilarious. How can BSJ even think of marking a love letter given to him? Worst still, to give it a grade? Lol! Look at the ticks and circles in red. and the 'D-'!!! This time round, it is not hjl, but the bsj that's rather 4D... :D

Anonymous said...

Seung Jo's way of mocking Ha Ni's lover letter hahaha...The camera should have focused on it in the drama and made some subtitles to have more emphasis on what Seung Jo did...ooops I am only a fan not the director...^_^

pinkymomo said...

poor HaNi, love letter with D-

However, I think the letter seems to give a deep impression to BSJ!

Anonymous said...

wow thanks so much to Ode for translating! such detail and dedication! we all really appreciate it! :D
aww, reading the letter makes the scene even sadder. it would've been nice if the first episode (which was soo slow!) included a scene with Hani writing the letter. unless the letter comes up again later. sorry i don't know since i've never seen the other versions. ^^;

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for translation...
ah...but.. is this a full version?
I failed to resist the temptation and watched the preview of Ep3. SengJo Oppa did read the letter and with my poor Korean, I did heard one sentence of "want to see him every day" but I did not see on this trans...
but but but... Thanks for sharing
: )

Anonymous said...

seung jo having fun marking the letter .. just wondering if in real life .. .do u think hyun joong will do that ...?

Anonymous said...

@ 9:31 AM Anonymous - I think this is just what Ode managed to read from the screen shot of the episode, not the whole letter. ^^;

@ 10:12 AM Anonymous - Haha HJL would not do that! He likes to tease, but he's not that mean. Plus, didn't the members say that HJL is kind of bad at spelling Korean words? XD;

Anonymous said...

All i know is that I love Playful Kiss...I know it will be a big hit! Looking forward to Ep 3 and 4 this week!

Anonymous said...

HI GUYS! Please help Leader be always no. 1 at http://www.123fans.cn/jinxianzhong!

and MK drama..just go to KATHY'S BENCH BLOG for the details...we will support khj no matter what^^ fighting!