Tuesday, February 07, 2012

[Article] Another Donation by Hyun Joong km

Another angel sent from heaven.

Do check this article from leesa86 of AllKPop regarding Hyun Joong donation to an orphanage in Japan.

***


[News] Kim Hyun Joong donates profits from his Japanese concert to an orphanage
Source & Image: OSEN
by leesa86 / AllKPop


Singer Kim Hyun Joong held a live concert at the Yokohama Arena on February 5th to celebrate his Japanese debut.

At the concert hall, Kim Hyun Joong faced the 20,000+ audience members and remarked, “My Japanese debut song, “Lucky Guy“, has sold over 100,000 copies in the first week after its release. Thank you guys for showing me so much support, even though I’m just a rookie here.”

“It’s unfortunate that I wasn’t able to meet all 60,000 fans who applied to be here tonight, but I will make sure to have a good time with all 20,000 of you,” he said with a laugh.

Kim Hyun Joong also donated the profits from the concert to an orphanage in Japan. “I hope that it will be able to offer some help,” he said. “And if any of you are able to do so, please do what you can to help the children.”

The singer performed 13 songs in total, such as “Lucky Guy“, “Let Me Go“, “Breakdown“, and “One More Time“.

Kim Hyun Joong released his debut Japanese album on January 25th, which quickly climbed to #3 on the Oricon charts as well as setting a new record for most number of sales by an overseas artist.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my prince.
I's prod of you
Love you so much.

Anonymous said...

were all 13 songs his own or did he sing some from SS501 as well? :)

Anonymous said...

@anon 5:53pm Well, he did sing the BOF song that both he(solo) and the 3 other members(group) sang - what is the song, 'I'm so stupid'? Not sure what the title is but i guess that is not considered as SS501 album, right? He sang the acoustic version n it was lovely~

Anonymous said...

I hope he'll be even more successful so that he's able to help more people. He's an angel indeed.

HJ sang his solo songs. He didn't sing any of the group songs. I don't think HJ has sang any of the group songs since going solo. I could be wrong though.

Anonymous said...

Hyun Joong has worked hard for 2 albums in 2011, so he has enough songs for a concert.
As I know, HJ did not sing group songs in his solo.

Anonymous said...

HJ was #2 on oricon, not #3.

Anonymous said...

Indeed khj is an angel sent from heaven in and out. All the best to him always!

Anonymous said...

This is why I admire him so much. This is why I will forever be his fan. He truly has the kindest heart.

Oh and allkpop really needs to get their facts straight. They drive me nuts with mistranslations and wrong facts. He made it to #2 not #3 on the charts.

Anonymous said...

allkpop always like that...

Hyun Joong is no.2 in Oricon with 100,110 sales in 1st week
but CNBlum who released after him 1 week got no.1 with only 70,000 sales.

Next time I hope Universal Music JP will not let him crash with one of the most famous groups in Japan again(AKE48,SKE48)
his sale number totally can get him no.1

Anonymous said...

@ 3:17 AM

I know what you mean. I was so sad for HJ. His sales were so awesome. People don't realize that he actually sold a lot compared to other idol groups but just because he wasn't #1 on Oricon, his success was somehow overlooked. I hope with his next release, he will be #1 on Oricon.