Wednesday, September 28, 2011

[Vid & Trans] Kyu Jong's 'Yesterday' Making & Media Interview

Much thanks to cll_slam10 and mazel_c4 for tweeting the link to where we get to see the making of Kyu Jong's 'Yesterday' where Young Saeng visited Kyu Jong at the set.




Since I have posted the above, let me share as well in this post the blog entry of Ode yesterday. After reading this, I think I was not wrong in my guess that Kyu Jong did this album not to compete with anyone but to compete with himself and to prove something.

There were articles from StarNews and TVDaily that came out yesterday wherein Kyu Jong gave out his thoughts in an interview about the album. I saw extract of the interview on Ode's blog and I am shoving them here as there are things that he said which are very interesting. Much much thanks to Ode for sharing this on her blog. I hope later we get to read the long exclusive interview about Kyu Jong's comeback.

[Trans] Excerpts from Kyu Jong's Interview with StarNews & TVDaily
Korean to English translation by Ode / SS501Ode.blogspot.com

From : STAR NEWS

#1
He did not forget about his gratitude for his SS501 members too.

Kim Kyu Jong said, "When Hyung Jun came to my recording room for a visit, I had let him listen to my song. Also, when I met up with Hyun Joong-hyung outside somewhere, I had let him listen to my song too", "Even Young Saeng-hyung who's in the same agency as I am made a rap featuring in one of my song 'MY LOVE'", as he spread a wide smile across his face while speaking of that.

"Jungmin is in Taiwan, so I couldn't let him hear my song then, but no matter when, he's always been showing support to me", "All of us have always been saying this, 'though it's alot tougher doing activities on your own than you can think, don't be beaten by it; brace yourself and let's do it awesomely', and this has given me alot of strength and encouragement", as Kyu Jong added.

#2
With a concrete format and method in mind, Kim Kyu Jong shows his careful and detailed stand, though so, he didn't forget to add that "SS501 will be able to re-unite next year even though all of us are focusing heavily on our solo activities for now".


From : TV DAILY

#1
"All these while, it seemed like I've only been showing a weak and pessimistic side of mine. However through this time's album, I will emerge from that kind of old profile of mine and be anew. This album has such a meaning".

#2
"When we decided to do female dressing, in actuality I had worried alot. About how fans would react to that. However, as I was doing the make-up in midst, I thought that it must have been a really tough and difficult thing on women... Why are the eyelashes this heavy?"

#3
"At that time (when we debuted in 2005), the way of functioning in showbiz between your rivals and you was very stark. If you don't get No.1, you lose - there was such thinking. But now, I've thrown aside that kind of enclosement thoughts. What I feel now, is a 'Do it enjoyingly' mind and heart. No.1? Of course will hope for it. But even if it won't happen it will suffice too (laughs)".

#4
"This time's song doesn't seem like the kind of song where you will think 'This song rocks, it's so lovely' upon hearing it only once. I had been listening to this song continuously since I had to dance the MV for it, but I didn't get bored over it. I hope that this song would revolve around many people's ears... I even used suspenders to hold my trousers while I dance... It's interesting".

#5
"Not to chase after anything/anyone, but will just carry out my activities happily and enjoyingly. Even if I don't get No.1, I won't get sad over it and thus affect my desire. So long as after some time, people think back of this song and say 'Ah I liked that song you know'... will suffice. I'll be satisfied enough".

#6
"I do have ambition in song composition. Though I also know I'm still lacking alot if I will have to create a songpiece by myself to qualify into an album"...

#7
"When I first held my debut stage as SS501, I was very hurt. Because my part was real little, I had the thinking, 'am I not of enough help to my team?'"...

#8
"Because I was taking on a role where DBSK's U-Know Yunho had done before, so Japanese fans gave enough encouragement by giving high ratings. Of course, since I am a junior, I definitely feel grateful and felt great too".

#9
"Our musical play team had went for a Membership Training trip to Chungpyeong... At first I thought that I definitely won't mix too well with my team members... There were even veteran actors, and they may jolly well dislike me too... but it didn't turn out that way in the end. They in fact gave me alot of good advices. It is really heart-warming...".

#10
"Year-end plans will include album activities and drama shooting in Korea. In addition, I also have plans to do the Musical Goong Encore in Japan (Tokyo), a fanmeeting in Japan, as well as an Asia Tour".

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I truly love this guy!

ping0119 said...

"This time's song doesn't seem like the kind of song where you will think 'This song rocks, it's so lovely' upon hearing it only once. I had been listening to this song continuously since I had to dance the MV for it, but I didn't get bored over it."
True!! I didn't think the song really rock upon first hearing, but I've been putting it on replay 24/7 and hasn't get bored of it!

"When I first held my debut stage as SS501, I was very hurt. Because my part was real little, I had the thinking, 'am I not of enough help to my team?'"
Dear Kyu please do not think that T_T you are the eternal center which balances everything <3 ou are important in SS501!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing excited stuff! I am feeling well to rear your blog post! Keep posting...


Sample Letters

kelly said...

The fact that he enjoys, and seems that all of the members always enjoy what they are doing, the fans and the audience and listeners feel it and enjoy it as well. KJ is doing fine. Just need that little bit more confidence. Sentimental guy.

Anonymous said...

Kyu Jong always make people very warm...

thats your personality oppa...
you always be my center...

sinthia said...

Kyu is showing a really positive side of him and it makes me feel very happy!
I just loved this interview. I hope Kyu keeps this mind from now on.^^

Anonymous said...

kyu,he's such a nice guy
really proud of him ^_^

kelly said...

KJ has already signed with Warner Music Taiwan and the album will be released on 28 October. Pre-order starts in Taiwan on 7 Oct.

Good. Soon it will find its way to SG then.

Anonymous said...

LOL. With most of our boys signed with Warner Music Taiwan, it might be easier for them to release a group album in Taiwan than in Korea~ haha!

Kyu has matured in his way of speech. It's still as sincere and down-to-earth, but he now speaks with more confidence. Good for him!

I'm looking forward to more of their upcoming activities. SS501 hwaiting!